When: Thursday 25th February (Week 4)
Where: HBF Stadium (Challenge Stadium)
Time: 9.30am – 2.30pm
The carnival is an excellent opportunity for students to participate with enthusiasm, show pride for their House and appreciate the excellence of the top swimmers at the College. Parents and family are very welcome to attend and experience the Corpus spirit. We always appreciate the support given by parents, both in the stands and by ensuring their sons/daughters comply with expectations, which ensures a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
A reminder that attendance at the carnival is compulsory and all students are expected to participate in either the main or minor carnival. Any non-attendance or non-participation requires a letter to the House Coordinator prior to the event. Non-participants are expected to assist with the running of the Carnival on the day. Participation at Inter-house events is part of the graduation expectations of Senior School students and absences are not tolerated.
In previous years, parents have also played a key role in assisting the staff of the Physical Education Department during the day. If parents are interested in helping this year, please contact Sheldon McIntyre (6332 2613 or firstname.lastname@example.org ). We always appreciate your help and support.
Head of Health and Physical Education
- Transport to and from the event will be by charter or College bus. Students will be dismissed at the normal time of 3.15pm.
- College sports uniform with house shirt and sports shoes for travel to and from the carnival.
- Bring all belongings in their College sports bag (preferable) or normal College bag.
- Valuables and money are NOT to be taken to the venue. The College will not be responsible for lost items.
- Mobile phones will be confiscated according to normal College policy.
- Staff will confiscate any musical or electronic device used on the day. These items do nothing towards supporting their peers and promoting house spirit
- Behave in an appropriate manner at all times during the day.
- Ensure an appropriate breakfast is consumed the morning of the carnival.
- Students are NOT permitted to use the cafeteria services on the day and attending parents are requested to not provide their sons/daughters with inappropriate cafeteria food.
- Bring a packed ‘healthy’ lunch (i.e. sandwiches, salads, fruit, muesli bars). Excessive amounts of ‘junk food’ are inappropriate.
- Students MUST provide their own water for the day; energy drinks are unnecessary and ill advised.
- NB. HBF Stadium DOES NOT permit glass bottles into the stadium.
- College one-piece bathers or speedos, or an alternative that is close to this.
- Students may wear the College shorts over their one piece or speedos, but need to be aware it will result in slower times and less points for your house!
- Club swimming bathers, skins or similar alternatives are not permitted due to ACC regulations.
- Swimming caps in house colours will be provided on the day.
- Students should bring their own goggles, if desired. The College does not provide these.
- Please ensure medical information and emergency details are up to date.
- If medication is required to be taken during the day (including asthma inhaler), please advise the supervising teacher for their house.