The Celebrating Excellence evening took place on Thursday 23rd August, and was once again a tremendous success with students showcasing a diverse range of projects.
Twenty-seven Academic Excellence Extension Program (AEEP) students exhibited the project they have been working on throughout the last twelve weeks. Students worked either individually or collaboratively with their peers on a project of their choice. During this time, students researched their topic, planned and designed their project, carried it out, made required adjustments, reported on their findings and presented their final product in various different ways.
At Corpus Christi College we seek to meet the diverse learning needs of all our students. The College Academic Excellence Program aims to:
- Empower students to strive for excellence and achieve at their true potential.
- Maximise the potential of all students, converting their gifts into talents.
- Provide students with a positive environment as a result of being involved in unique opportunities.
- Train gifted and talented students to ensure correct attitudes and approaches to learning are nurtured and developed.
- Identify and support underachieving students as well as maintain academically able students, motivated.
- Ensure that selected students excel at the attributes identified in the Corpus Christi College Learner Profile.
This year, two Murdoch University Student Ambassadors mentored two projects. Each ambassador met with their student or group of students weekly or fortnightly at the College either before school or after school. Having had a student ambassador as a mentor not only provided students with the guidance and support they needed but they challenged student thinking, helped them to overcome hurdles and gave them access to Murdoch University resources.
The projects were judged in three categories:
The Arts, Science & Mathematics and Technology. The categories were judged based on: Creativity and Innovation, Technical skill and Academic Excellence.
Furthermore, there was a People’s Choice Award and the prestigious Corpus Christi College Learner Profile Award for the student who displayed the most Learner Profile attributes.
All students are to be congratulated for all their commitment to the Academic Excellence Extension Program for producing project of utmost high-quality displaying excellence. Our award winners are listed below:
Corpus Christi Learner Profile
Excellence: Victoria Ann Chong, Sanjeev Singh and Kathryn Tan for their ‘Recycling Animation’
Merit: Keerthana Binu for her cultural artwork piece
Science & Mathematics
Excellence: Jennifer Tassone for her lemon-juice battery project
Merit: Anna Thomson, Madison Whitney and Sophia Connolly for their pin-hole camera and photographs
Excellence: Ella Waddy for her braille typewriter project
Merit: Emmanuel Foo and Brendan Boudville for their virtual reality library