Families are invited to celebrate National Science Week at a free Family Morning of Discovery at Point Walter on Sunday August 6th between 9am and 12noon.
- Learn about the spiritual and environmental significance of the Swan River Estuary with Noongar Elder Dr Noel Nannup and ecologist Mike Bamford.
- Discover the wonderful beach-nesting birds of the Estuary, and ways to protect them.
- Enjoy using binoculars to view local birds with BirdlifeWA.
- Hear zoologist Milly Formby outline her planned flight across the East-Asian Australasian Flyway in an ultralight plane to help save our trans-equatorial migratory birds, and
- Explore up-close the macrofauna and plants from our Swan Estuary that these birds come to feed on, assisted by Artist and Environmental Educator Angela Rossen.
Look for the pop-up marquees near the jetty.
(NB In the case of inclement weather the event will be cancelled.)