TERM THREE – KEY DATES
· 25 July - Years 7-12 Parent/Teacher/Student Interviews
· 26 July – Year 8 Retreat
· 27 July - Australian Mathematics Competition
· 31 July – Year 7 STEM project commences
· 2 August – Year 9 Bishops’ Religious Literacy Assessment
· 7 August – Year 8 STEM project commences
· 11 August – Inter- house Athletics Carnival
· 15 August – Whole College Mass
· 18 August – Pupil Free Day
· 21 August – Pipil Free Day
· 29 August – College Assembly
· 1 September – Father’s Day Breakfast
· 4 September – Year 9 Personal Project Exhibition Evening
· 13 September – College Arts and Technology Exhibition Evening
· 14 September – Year 7 Grandparents Mass
· 21 September – College Awards Assembly
· 22 September – Term Three concludes
Reminder - Please use the College Calendar as the most up to date record of College events.
UNIFORM AND GROOMING
Parents are urged to ensure that their children’s uniform and grooming is perfect for the start of the Term. It is expected that the College uniform is to be worn with pride and for students to ensure that they are fully compliant with all College regulations. While holidays may be a time for more extreme hairstyles and casual dress, this should not be carried over into the school environment. It would be most unfortunate if your son’s or daughter’s start of Term is marred by failing to comply with the College’s requirements and the consequences which would flow from this.
Parents are reminded that in the first instance, if you have concerns about your son’s or daughter’s progress, it is always appropriate to make direct contact with the relevant class teacher. If there is no resolution to your concerns, the College’s protocols require the Head of Year or Learning Area Coordinator to be contacted.
As our teachers have full time teaching loads, please note that any return of parental contact may not be possible until the following day. You are also encouraged to use Direct Message in SEQTA to bring matters to the attention of staff.
The eNews is a fortnightly communication which provides our College community with important information. You will receive an e-mail providing a link to the College Website. The eNews is available electronically through the College website.
DEAR MUMS OF SMELLY, UNMOTIVATED, LAZY, MOODY AND CONFUSED 14-YEAR-OLD BOYS
Parents may find the following article useful:
Dear mums of smelly, unmotivated, lazy, moody and confused 14-year-old boys