Term 2 and 3 Dates
As always, please refer to the College Calendar for the most up to date details of College events.
Term 2 concludes on Friday 30 June
Term 3 commences (for students) Tuesday 18 July
Year 12 Pastoral Session - Financial Literacy
On Tuesday 30th May , the Year 12s took part in some sessions based around Financial Literacy, a topic that will prove very important in 2018 and beyond.
Paralegals from Consumer Credit Legal Services took the students through bite-sized buzz sessions on:
Credit and Debt
- Students were taken through a brief narrative of how young people can get into debt.
- The topic explored the concept of interest, and what happens when a debt is not repaid.
- Credit reports were also briefly discussed.
- Students were introduced to consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Students took part in a short role play demonstrating how these guarantees affect them
- A short quiz then highlighted some common consumer law issues faced by young people.
Buying a car
- Students were taken through some of the financial elements of purchasing a car.
- The topic included the dangers of purchasing a car privately.
- A role play taught students how to protect themselves when buying a car from a dealer.