Commencing 2019 (negotiable start date)
As a result of the appointment of Mr Marc Caporn to the Head of English role at Aquinas College, Corpus Christi College now invites applications from appropriately qualified and experienced candidates for this position, an integral teaching and learning leadership role in the College.
As a leader of learning, the Head of English will be visionary, proactive and a motivator of staff in continuing to build a culture of participation, excellence and high achievement. The successful candidate will actively support the College Vision for Learning “Ignite the Spirit” and promote pedagogies that develop connection, creativity, challenge and curiosity in students.
The Head of English shall:
· Promote the College’s educational philosophy in line with Catholic values
· Lead the Performance and Development of teachers in the Learning Area
· Be an active participant on the Academic Council and Teaching & Learning Council
· Promote the integration of learning technologies that enhance student learning
· Lead the development of challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students in the Learning Area
· Demonstrate a high level of understanding of current developments in curriculum including the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) requirements for English subjects across all year levels, including General and ATAR courses
This is categorised as a Level One Promotional Position. The successful candidate will have a minimum 4-year tertiary qualification and at least 5 years’ teaching experience. They will have, or be working towards achieving, Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic School.
The Head of English will be supported by an Assistant Head of English.
A comprehensive position description, as well as further information to support those considering applying, is available here.
Applicants must complete the online Employment Application Form and upload a covering letter addressed to the Principal, Caroline Payne, detailing the reason for your application along with a brief outline of your educational philosophy. A current CV is required, as well as a response to the five key components of leadership listed in the position description (limited to 1 page per component).
Please apply online via the recruitment portal on College website (click here). Applications received outside of the College website will not be considered.
Previous applicants need not reapply.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 29 October 2018 at 4.00pm
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting the Deputy Principal, Curriculum and Administration, Mr Jean-Paul Papineau on (08) 6332 2510.