Full-time, ongoing, commencing Term Two 2019
The College is seeking applications from committed and dynamic teachers who are able to teach Education Support, particularly students with specific learning difficulties and disabilities.
Sequere Dominum or ‘Follow the Lord’ is the College motto which underpins our educational philosophy. Corpus Christi College aims to provide an education which forms the whole person. The academic and pastoral programs cater for the intellectual, spiritual and cultural needs of individual students.
Our Vision for Learning – Ignite the Spirit – challenges every learner in our community to seize their potential and push the boundaries of possibility. There is a strong focus on developing confident, independent learners who are resilient and committed to serving others. Igniting one’s spirit is a deliberate action, a conscious decision. It requires investment, energy and perseverance. It is not the easiest of paths and takes courage, trust and self-belief.
Preferred applicants will be highly professional practitioners who are able to commit to the College’s Vision for Learning, which rests on four principles:
The Education Support Teacher will:
• Assist with the identification of the specific needs of students who require support.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with students within an Education Support learning environment. This may occur in smaller groups or within a mainstream classroom.
• Foster high expectations within each student to want to achieve their best and encourage students to take responsibility for their learning.
• Engage students in the process of learning by employing a variety of engaging teaching strategies to successfully implement the curriculum and planned intervention.
• Plan and implement differentiation in areas of curriculum, teaching strategies and learning supports that are inclusive to the needs of individuals.
• Demonstrate knowledge of specific, evidence-based programs designed for students with specific learning difficulties. Knowledge of a range of disabilities is also necessary.
• Plan and implement intervention strategies after liaising with the relevant Deputy Principal, Head of Year or other nominating leader, and as directed by the Head of Learning Support.
• Have experience in adjusting programs to meet individual learning needs, including writing Individual Education and Curriculum Adjustment Plans.
• Monitor the overall academic progress of students involved in the Education Support program and provide students and their parents with prompt, helpful and consistent professional feedback.
• Refer social, psychological, behavioural or emotional issues to the relevant Head of Year and/or the College psychologist.
• Be able to manage Teacher Assistants within a small group setting.
• Establish respectful, collaborative and productive relationships with parents/carers regarding their child’s wellbeing and learning.
As with all teaching positions at Corpus Christi College, the ability to teach Religious Education would be a distinct advantage, as is the ability to teach in more than one subject area.
Preferred applicants must actively support the Catholic ethos of the College. All staff are expected to be involved in the full life of the College, including extra-curricular activities.
Please apply online via the recruitment portal on the College website (click here). Applications received outside of the College website will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 20 March 2019 at 4.00pm
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Vice Principal Frank Italiano at the College on (08) 6332 2500.