Full-time preferred, part-time possible – one year contract with the possibility of extension
A temporary position exists for a dynamic, hard-working and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant (Special Needs) looking for a new challenge for 2018.
It is essential the successful staff member will be physically able to assist male students with their requirements for daily living whilst they are at school, including feeding, walking with them to classes and toileting.
Essential qualities (selection criteria) include:
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to be able to work in a team.
- Demonstrate planning and assessment strategies for students with disabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills with both students and team members
- Confidence in using a variety of learning strategies for students with disabilities to assist teachers in the Education Support Centre and inclusive classroom including the use of assistive technology devices.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in assisting teachers to support students as part of the strategies outlined in their Individual Education Plans.
Preferred applicants should be qualified and experienced, and have a good understanding of working with students with disabilities and learning difficulties.
The successful applicants will have the ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure, have a warm and friendly disposition, excellent interpersonal skills and be able to assist an individual student or small groups in mainstream, as well as in specialised environments (e.g. Home Economics or Design and Technology classrooms).
Preferred applicants must actively support the Catholic ethos of the College. All support staff are expected to work within a team environment and to be involved in the full life of the College.
Please apply online via the recruitment portal. Applications received outside of the College website will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Tuesday 23 January 2018 at 4.00pm
Confidential enquiries may be made by contacting Belinda Hermawan, HR Officer, on (08) 6332 2500.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a current (last 12 months) National Police History Check and a Working With Children Check prior to commencement, if not already held.